Friday, November 21, 2008

W902 TW Special

An unexpected but pleasant surprise from the Taipei trip was the SonyEricsson W902. Alright, I did read the review from eprice before but forgotten about it till I stopped by the SonyEricsson flagship store in XiMen. It's a beautiful phone packed with a 5MP AF camera. As far back as I could remember, the Walkman series seems to always have had a crippled camera (non AF). The W902 is an exciting exception. Granted, it's the same old 320x240, a 2.2 TFT (no OLED) and I could argue the K810i still takes better picture, but it's everything better than the C702 I have used and the K850i I used to own. Camera reaction is quicker; focus is more accurate; lens and shutter positions are much more ergonomic (without easily blocking the lens or dropping the phone by doing so); firmware is stabler (no more reboots); better build material; it comes with a 8Mb M2 and a very loud speaker. It's a decent upgrade. Oh, and the fact that it's not sold in Hong Kong was a bonus (to rareness) too.
While I was at the store, I also did a quick check on the X1 (silver). First thing I noticed was the screen doesn't go landscape unless the keyboard is slid open. Same problem with the current G1. The WinMo was done indeed better, speed wise, than others, but still I wasn't super impressed with the panel and the touch quality (iPhone is still better at the touchiness). At this point I'm extremely happy with my Bold and it doesn't add much value from having an X1.
W902 + Bold are gonna keep me pretty happy for quite some time.

No comments: